One of the most complicated and somewhat closeted facets of today’s legal arena is the subject of premises liability, which is precisely why your community’s premises liability lawyers are far more significant and consequential than you’ve be led to believe.
What Is Premises Liability?
Personal injury litigation revolves around a simple yet multifaceted word, negligence, and premises liability scenarios are no different. The all-encompassing requisite of these cases is that the landowner or building owner demonstrated some type of neglect in terms of reasonably caring for the property in question.
As such, premises liability lawyers specialize in handling lawsuits that involve injuries caused by hazardous, faulty, illegal, or malfunctioning elements on a particular property.
Where Are Premises Liability Issues Most Pervasive?
Shown below are the typical locations and situations that demand the attention of competent premises liability lawyers:
- Slip and falls that transpire in the workplace
- Poorly maintained or non-sanctioned sidewalks, floorboards, stairwells, restrooms, and other common elements
- Elevators, escalators, and alternative lifting mechanisms
- Animal attacks, particularly dog bites
- Carnivals, festivals, amusement parks, and playgrounds
- Noxious fumes or toxic chemicals in public areas, such as asbestos or gas leaks
- Substandard security or facility upkeep that presents hazards and risks
Simply put, there is a virtually limitless number of things that can go wrong in premises liability cases, particularly if the owner doesn’t demonstrate adequate duty of care.
What Are the Effects and Outcomes of Premises Liability Scenarios?
If you believe that you are in need of premises liability lawyers in Fargo, ND, you have to understand that this is a very common legal necessity:
* Nearly two-thirds of workplace absenteeism in the US can be directly attributed to slip and fall incidents and general premises liability manifestations.
* Each year, thousands upon thousands of premises liability litigations are administered through the courts.
* The average lawsuit can take up to 30 months to come to an end, but the bulk of premises liability cases are settled privately, with the average payout exceeding $100,000.
The leading premises liability experts in your proximity are Haugen Moeckel & Bossart, so feel free to touch base with one of their in-house authorities for a free case assessment. You can connect with them on Facebook.